As with many highly technical and specialized fields, it isn't always easy to find good resources for accident reconstruction and forensic engineering related information. As such, we have put together this list of helpful industry links. If you know of a website that isn't listed here, you can submit a site by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Accident Reconstruction Network - Comprehensive resource for accident reconstruction information.
- ACTAR - Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction
- National Crash Analysis Center - Improving safety by sharing crash research knowledge, detailed vehicle and hardware models, and computer simulation tools and breakthroughs.
Accident Reconstruction Software
Biomechanics and Injury Causation
Event Data Recorder (EDR), Black Box Information
- NHTSA Biomechanics & Trauma Research
- CDR Software Version 4.1 - The latest Crash Data Retrieval System Software, by Bosch Diagnostics.
Related Vehicle Safety and Accident Reconstruction Resources
- Automobile Recall and Service Bulletins
- American National Standards Institute
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- National Highway Transportation Safety Administration
- NHTSA Office of Defects Investigations
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- National Safety Council
- National Accident Reports
- Sun and Moon Data